Thursday, November 16, 2006

My church gave me an asbo


Here's another poem I've just discovered on the Net.

My church gave me an asbo*

By Nick Lear

My church gave me an asbo for shouting during prayers
They said I was disruptive: I said I didn't care
My church gave me an asbo for crawling under pews
They said it was distracting - untying people's shoes
My church gave me an asbo for singing the wrong words
They said it was disgusting: I thought they were absurd
My church gave me an asbo for laughing far too loud
They said it was despicable: I felt rather proud
My church gave me an asbo for sticking out my tongue
They said I'm disrespectful: I was having fun
My church gave me an asbo for running in the aisle
They said it's dangerous for a seven year-old child

*asbo = Anti Social Behaviour Order

No comments: